The great photo excursions!

The great photo excursions!
Ready... Set... Click

Sunday 10 May 2015

On my way...

 
Saturday morning. 6:15 am. Yellow cab arrives and I am on my way to Peru.

6:45 am. Luggage checked, Starbucks tea and blueberry scone (good-bye blueberry scones!) in hand and settled down for what a day of travelling is all about, sitting, waiting, boarding, flying, figuring out ways to wile away 4 1/2 hours to Toronto and then 71/2 hours to Lima. With a couple of books downloaded to Kobo on my new Microsoft Surface tablet, Colette with Sudoku, Gin Rummy and a few other games to keep me occupied the time will go quickly.

Its a beautiful Vancouver morning, clear, bright, sunny. Checking the weather channel I see the forecast for Lima tomorrow is 25 and sun. The Amazon is forecast for 31 on Monday, and the forecast for Cusco (Machu Picchu) is rain all week... nice .... I hope that one is wrong. 

 
 

Landing in Toronto after a very turbulent 4 1/2 hour flight, I step through the gate and the first person I see is my sister. She has flown from Regina to meet up and join me on our Peru adventure. 

 

Loaded down with backpacks and cameras we trudge through to the International Terminal  where we will catch our connecting flight to Lima. Its well after lunchtime and my blueberry scone has worn off so we decide to find a comfy place to sit and grab some lunch. The Panini Bar. Sounds cool. A hip looking bar surrounded by tables equipped with ipads and payment terminals ….  interesting…. We decide to five it a try.  The ipads are attached to the tables and sit in a pewter base the shape of stilettos, nice touch…. (sorry, I had my camera packed and no pics… what was I thinking?)

 

A panini and a glass of wine each, ordered  and paid for totally electronically, yet with an 18% tip added to the bill, for a total of $73.  probably the most expensive lunch I have had for a while! And we haven't even left Canada!

 

Onboard AC 1946 heading to Lima, another 8 or so hours…..

 

Here's a travel tip…

If you are flying Air Canada Rouge make sure you download the Air Canada app before you go. They have a fancy new wifi system where you access their site and watch movies or TV on your ipad. Which would be ok, but we were not aware of this technologic advance and only got the commercials. Ask me anything about Napoleon grills  or Manitoba tourism….

 


 
 


We arrived at our hotel in Lima at 2:00 am, a long travel day to find we had been upgraded to a lovely suite, a nice treat. It was 2:41 as we turned out the lights for a good night sleep.

 Lima in the morning light.  Today we will explore this old city.... Come With Me.....


No comments:

Post a Comment